Wednesday, January 23, 2013

fimo, feta, and cherry tomatoes..


As promised (on my Instagram feed) here is the recipe for the marinated feta I made... thanks to Tim for the idea. It really is awesome!

Although honestly it is SO easy you can just throw in whatever you like! I can't believe for how long I've eyed off the marinated feta in the store and thought "Oh no maybe next week..."

Ingredients:

1 slab of feta
peppercorns (any colour would do)
finely chopped herbs (I used sage, rosemary and oregano, which I have growing)
finely minced garlic (I used the garlic crusher for this recipe)
juice of half a lemon
olive oil

Method:

Chop the feta into squares, and put everything together in a large sterilised jar. give it a good roll around to mix the ingredients (be gentle) and let sit in the fridge overnight. 

EAT - it's so yum!


I've made some of these little plater pots with hangers for our market stall this weekend, using this tutorial for the pot and this one for the hanger

I started making the geometric pots but my Fimo wasn't complying, so I simplified my design and made these. I really like them! 

The hanger was SUPER easy... but if you're in the mood for a more authentic macrame experience, Ouchflower is hosting "Knot School" over at her blog, so go check it out!


I've also been playing along with the Instagram #5shotchallenge... This is the second time I've been tagged with the word #green!!


More market products... These are only for the market stall, and not available on our Etsy shop.


And I finally got to harvesting the cherry tomatoes on the garden today.

I love these little trusty bursts of summer - they are the only variety I seem to have any luck with...


They make a sublime relish - I used this recipe year after year. Only since my son doesn't care for chilli (hopefully this will change!!) I leave that out.


Here's hoping my market stall is as successful as the Twilight Christmas Markets were... If you're in the NSW South Coast area and looking for something other than the usual Oztraya Day extravaganzas, then head over to Coledale Public School, on the coast overlooking the sea, on Sunday, between 9am and 3pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment